The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Arthur Thomas
- Regimental #:
- ‘B’ Company
- Place of Birth:
- Brookton, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Jeremiah White
- Mothers's Name:
- Amy White
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Truck Driver and Miner
- Selarang Camp Changi
- ‘A’ Force Burma, Green Force, No. 3 Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Tamarkan, Chungkai, Petchaburi, Kachu Mountain Camp
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand-Singapore by aircraft, Singapore-Brisbane by aircraft, Brisbane-Perth by troop train.
Soldier listed as missing from 10/2/1942. He joined up with ‘A’ Company and fought with them until the surrender on 15/2/1942.
Up until the time he enlisted Arthur appeared to be working and living in Katanning with his parents. His father was Police Sgt.
Returning from war Arthur went back to Katanning. In 1948 he married Doreen Maude Holly. They remained living in Katanning for several years. Arthur was employed as a bus driver. In the 1970s they moved to Busselton.
It is not known if they had a family. Doreen died in Busselton in 2014.
Arthur passed away aged 86yrs of age, June 28 2002, at Busselton, WA.
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Chungkai, 60k - Thailand
- Kanchanaburi, 50k - Thailand
- Petchaburi - Thailand
- Tamarkan, Tha Makham 56k - Thailand