The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- John Douglas
- Regimental #:
- Headquarters Company (replacedby Lt. K. Lee)
- Place of Birth:
- Katanning, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Sydney George Royce
- Mothers's Name:
- Amy Maude Royce (nee McLarty)
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Clerk, Wool Classer’s Assistant
- Kranji War Cemetery, Plot 1, Row A, Grave 12, Age 22.
- Cause of Death:
- Died of Wounds
- Place of Death:
- Hill 200, Ulu Pandan
- Date of Death:
- Where killed at map reference 763132 by Major A. Cough Party on 21.12.1942
In the College’s 49th Annual Report, published in the West Australian newspaper January 1946, the news of Royce’s death was included, also states he was a good student and good scholar.
Above Royce seated in front, 5th from Left.
Where killed at map reference 763132 by Major A. Cough Party on 21.12.1942. This Officer was wounded in action at the crest of Hill 200 during a bayonet charge. He crawled back to his men who wanted to evacuate him to Regimental Aid Post, but he refused. His men cut his webbing off to make him more comfortable. His body was discovered by the 2/4th Party who went under the wire from Adam Park on 28/29 May 1942.