The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Charles Donald
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- 'B' Company
- Place of Birth:
- Swanbourne, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- John Edwin Lee
- Mothers's Name:
- Else Gertrude Lee
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Government Wool Appraiser
- Selarang Camp Changi, Johore Bahru, Adam Park, Selarang Barracks Changi. Returned from Thailand to Sime Road Camp (December 1943), Changi Gaol Camp
- 'H' Force, Group No. 3
- Camps Thailand:
- Kanu II Malayan Hamlet, 'H' Force No. l Sub-Section, Konkoita sub camps.
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore-Darwin-Sydney, HMT Arawa, Sydney-Melbourne by troop train, Melboume-Fremantle, HMT Strathmore
Appointment Terminated 7/12/1945.
Don Lee was selected in Singapore with ‘H’ Force to travel by train to Thailand for the Burma-Thai Railway project.
Please read further about this Force.
Listen to an oral history interview of Charles recorded in Singapore in November 1981
The following letter was included in the ‘Borehole Bulletin’ July 1990.
- Adam Park Camp - Singapore
- Changi Gaol Camp - Singapore
- Johore Bahru, - Malaysia
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Sime Road Camp - Singapore
- Kanu II, 152.30k - Thailand