The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Hubert James
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- 'C' Company
- Place of Birth:
- Mundaring, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- William Duncan Millar
- Mothers's Name:
- May Millar
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Shop Assistant
- 'Blackforce', attached to the 2/2nd Pioneer Battalion
- 'A' Force Burma, Java Party No. 4, Williams Force
- Camps Thailand:
- 131km, 133km, Tamarkan, Kanchanaburi, Linson Wood Camp, Petchaburi, Kachu Mountain Camp, Nakom Nayok, Bangkok
- Camps Java:
- Bicycle Camp Batavia
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand-Rangoon by aircraft, Rangoon-Singapore, HMT Highland Brigade, Singapore-Fremantle, HMT Tamaroa.
Millar with Arnold Vivian Cousins WX9092 – Cousins lost his life when ‘Rakuyo Maru’ sank in South China Sea 14 September 1944 aged 33 years. Both men were in ‘C’ Company.
After the war Hubert Millar established ‘Millar’s Store’ in Mullewa.
Also in the town of Mullewa was a store owned by former 2/4th Gabriel ‘John’ Wade. Bill Grundy of 2/4th worked on a farm out of Mullewa at Tardun.
- Kanchanaburi, 50k - Thailand
- Linson Wood Camp, 202k - Thailand
- Nakom Nayok, Nakhon Nayok - Thailand
- Petchaburi - Thailand
- Tonchan South, 131k - Thailand
- Bicycle Camp, Batavia, Jakarta - Java ***
- Kachau Mountain Camp - Thailand