The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Kenneth Samuel
- Regimental #:
- ‘E’ Company, Special Reserve Battalion, No. 1 Platoon.
- Place of Birth:
- Brighton, Sussex, England.
- Father's Name:
- Joseph Gordon Evans
- Mothers's Name:
- Alice Mary Evans
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Not Known
- Selarang Camp Changi;
- ‘ A’ Force Burma, Green Force No. 3 Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Tamarkan, Chungkai, Tamuang, Bangkok
- Camps Burma:
- Victoria Point, Tavoy, Kendau 4.8km, Thetkaw 14km, Melilo 75km, Aungganaung 105km,
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand-Singapore by aircraft; Singapore-Fremantle, HMT Moreton Bay
The Evans family arrived from London, England to Western Australia in December 1923 on board “Hobson”. The twins would have been aged about 4 years, with one sister and two older brothers.
Kenneth Samuel Evans is twin brother to Ronald Lumley Evans WX10057. Ronald enlisted on 13/12/1940 and Kenneth 15th October 1941. As POWs they were interned together at Selarang Camp Changi and were selected for ‘A’ Force Burma and into Green Force No. 3 Battalion. The twin brothers appear to have managed to remain together in most but not all camps.
The above was printed in October 1943.
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Chungkai, 60k - Thailand
- Tamarkan, Tha Makham 56k - Thailand
- Tamuang, Tha Muang 39k - Thailand
- Aungganaung,105Kilo - Burma
- Kendau, Kandaw, 4 Kilo - Burma
- Victoria Point, Kawthoung - Burma. \'A\' Force, Green Force No. 3 Btn
- Thetkaw 14 Kilo - Burma