The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Percy Reeve
- Regimental #:
- ‘C’ Company
- Place of Birth:
- Midland Junction, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Thomas Claud Tomkins
- Mothers's Name:
- Lucy Mary Tomkins
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Yardman, Wood Cutter, Farmhand and Railway Employee
- Selarang Camp Changi, Thomson Road (Caldecot Hill Estate Camp), River Valley Road, Selarang Barracks Changi.
- ‘D’ Force Thailand, S Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Kanu II, Kanu I, Tarsau (evacuated sick), Non Pladuk
- Camps Japan:
- Yamane, Niihama
- 8850 & 1753
- Rashin Maru Party
- Return Details 1945:
- Wakayama‐Okinawa, USS Cape Gloucester, Okinawa‐Manila, USS Bingham, Manila-Morotai‐Darwin PBY Catalina aircraft A24‐355, Darwin‐ Perth B24 Liberator aircraft A72‐379.
Younger brother of Thomas Horace Tompkins WX7996.
Below: Midland’s ‘Swan Express’ featured a series about local men who enlisted.
Percy was a Life Member of the 2/4TH Association, and was President for many years.
Percy died 15 December 2000, his wife Eileen died only a few months earlier.
- River Valley Road Camp - Singapore
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Thomson Road (Caldecot Hill Estate Camp) - Singapore
- Kanu 1 151.00k - Thailand
- Kanu II, 152.30k - Thailand
- Non Pladuk, 0k - Thailand
- Tarsau, Tha Sao 125k - Thailand
- Nihama, Hiroshima #2-B- Japan
- Yamane, Hiroshima #3-D - Japan