The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Edwin Ernest
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- ‘B’ Company Headquarters, No. 7 Platoon
- Place of Birth:
- Perth, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Otto Charles Miller
- Mothers's Name:
- Charlotte Miller
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp Changi, Thomson Road (Caldecot Hille Estate Camp), River Valley Road Camp, Selarang Barracks Changi. Following return from Thailand - X10 Party, Changi Goal Camp.
- ‘F’ Force Thailand
- Camps Thailand:
- Shimo Sonkurai, Kami Sonkurai
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore‐Darwin‐Sydney, HMT Arawa, Sydney-Melbourne by troop train, Melbourne-Fremantle, HMT Strathmore
Miller’s parents Charles Theodore Ortto Muller b. 1857 Germany and Charlotte Bunyan Mather b. 1866 NSW married Aug 1895 in SA.
Ted was the youngest born of at least six sons. The older boys were born SA and younger in WA.
The Muller family arrive in WA 1905 from SA.
Albany Advertiser (WA : 1897 – 1954), Wednesday 29 March 1905, page 3
Bellow: the Muller family have moved to live Armadale,
We know they had a vineyard.
In the years 1916 and 1918 the Muller family are residing Beejording, near Toodyay. Charles and Charlotte have both registered as Aliens German (WW1).
During the 1930’s and 1940s the Muller family have moved to Korbel, near Meredin.
In 1935 Charlotte Muller/Miller died.
Charles Muller died in 1946 Fremantle.
In 1946 Ted married Gladys Thompson.
Ted enlisted Aug 1940 and later joined 2/4th’s ‘B’ Company.
He was admitted to 2/9th Field AMB 15Feb and transferred to 13th AGM with boils right arm, left leg. Discharged to unit 21 Feb 1942.
Aa POW Singapore he was selected to work on Burma Thai Railway with ‘F’ Force which departed Singapore Railway Station for Thailand 16 April 1943.
‘F’ Force suffered terrible losses of lives. Ted returned with the survivors to Singapore about Dec 1943.
He was recovered from Changi at the end of the war.
- River Valley Road Camp - Singapore
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Thomson Road (Caldecot Hill Estate Camp) - Singapore
- Kami Songkurai, 299k - Thailand
- Shimo Sonkurai, 288k - Thailand