The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Selwyn Desmond
- Sergeant - Orderly Room with Sgt Mantle
- Regimental #:
- Battalion Headquarters
- Place of Birth:
- Launceston, Tasmania
- Father's Name:
- Roy Ulverston Viney
- Mothers's Name:
- Minnie Kathleen Victoria Viney
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp and Barracks Changi, A.G.H. Roberts Barracks Changi, Changi Gaol Camp.
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore-Darwin-Sydney, HMT Arawa, Sydney-Melbourne by troop train, Melbourne-Fremantle, HMT Strathmore.
Soldier was wounded in action on 14/2/1942. Evacuated to the 2/10th Australian General Hospital with a perforated shrapnel wound to his left hip. Transferred to No. 2 Convalescent Depot ex-A.G.H. Roberts Barracks Changi on 9/8/1942.
Height 5′ 9″
Viney enlisted AIF 8 Nov 1940 later joining Battalion Headquarters as an Orderly Room Sergeant with Sgt Mantle, under Commanding Officer Lt-Col Anketell.
Viney remained in Singapore throughout the war and was recovered from Changi Gaol.
- Changi Gaol Camp - Singapore
- Roberts Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore