The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Leonard Neville William
- Nick Name:
- Len or Lenny
- Regimental #:
- Clerk (relinquished 30.1.1942)
- Battalion Headquarters
- Place of Birth:
- Kalgoorlie, Westem Australia
- Father's Name:
- Thomas Charles Bullock
- Mothers's Name:
- Jessie Isabelle Bullock
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Clerk at Chamber of Mines. Kalgoorlie
- Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, Collective Grave, Plot 1, Row F, Grave 51, Age 22.
- Selarang Camp Changi, Johore Bahru, Adam Park, Selarang Barracks Changi
- 'D' Force Thailand V Battalion
- Cause of Death:
- Place of Death:
- Non Pladuk (evacuated from Kuii)
- Date of Death:
- Grave No. 21. Non Pladuk
It is believed Lenny Bullock enlisted underage.
Len and Bill Giddens.
The Bullock family were neighbours to Ron Badock’s family in Kalgoorlie.
Lenny was selected in Singapore to work on Thai-Burma Railway with the ill-fated ‘D’ Force V Battalion which suffered heavy loss of life. He was evacuated seriously ill with beri beri from Kuii Camp to Non Pladuk Hospital where tragically Lenny died on 31st December 1943 aged 22 years. Initially buried at Non Pladuk his body was moved after the war to Kanchanaburi War Cemetery with 91 other mates from 2/4th.
Photograph taken January 2018. C. Mellor
- Adam Park Camp - Singapore
- Johore Bahru, - Malaysia
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Kuii, Kui Yae, 185.6k - Thailand