The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- 'E' Company, Special Reserve Battalion
- Place of Birth:
- Newcastle, England
- Father's Name:
- John Coutts Wilson
- Mothers's Name:
- Ann Wilson
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Timber Worker
- Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, Plot 1, Row L, Grave 7, Age 36.
- Selarang Camp and Barracks Changi
- 'D' Force Thailand, V Battalion
- 4/6828 & 2295
- Cause of Death:
- Place of Death:
- Date of Death:
- Grave No. 48, Brankassi.
Wilson recorded his last address as Bunnings Mill, Yornup.
As a POW in Singapore Jack was selected with ‘D’ Force V Battalion to work on the Burma-Thai Railway. To read further.
This work force would endure a horrific death rate under appalling conditions.
He died at Brankassi Camp on 25 Aug 1943 and was buried there.
Photograph taken January 2018 by C. Mellor.
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Brankassi, Prang Kasi, 208k - Thailand