The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- William Francis
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- ‘B’ Company, 9 Platoon
- Place of Birth:
- Preston, England
- Father's Name:
- William Francis Anderton
- Mothers's Name:
- Margaret Anderton
- Roman Catholic
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp & Barracks Changi, X3 Party, Changi Gaol Camp.
- 'A' Force Burma, Green Force, No. 3 Battalion
- 1/6549, 3/6786 & 12394
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore‐Darwin‐Sydney, HMT Arawa, Sydney-Melboume by troop train, Melbourne-Fremantle, HMT Strathmore
Harold Cowie, Doug Parker, Trevor James and Frank Anderton.
Frank enlisted AIF 18 Oct 1940 and later joined 2/4th MGB’s ‘B’ Coy 9 Platoon under Commanding Officer Lt Don Lee. Both Harold Cowie and Trevor James were members of 9 Platoon.
Frank remained in Singapore throughout the war unlike the majority of POWs. The reason is not known to us.
He was recovered from Changi Camp at the end of the war.
The Anderton family receive news from Frank he is safe.
Below: Penrod Dean from 2/4th is included in this social gathering.
- Changi Gaol Camp - Singapore
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore