The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Nick Name:
- Staff Sergeant (Promoted on 9.2.1942 by HQ Coy Capt McEwen)
- Regimental #:
- Company Headquarters, No. 3 Platoon. (replaced W.O. II V. Keay, who was transferred to reinforcements)
- Place of Birth:
- Boulder, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Harry Hammer
- Mothers's Name:
- Martha Hammer
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Tearooms Proprietor
- Selarang Camp Changi
- ‘A’ Force Burma, Green Force, No. 3 Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Tamarkan, Chungkai, Tamuang
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand‐Singapore by aircraft; Singapore-Fremantle, HMT Tamaroa
Prior to enlisting Harry had spent 4 years RANR.
He saw action at Jurong Road, Ulu Pandan and Buona Vista.
Harry was recovered from Thailand at war’s end flown to Singapore then sailed ‘Tamaroa’ to Fremantle.
With ‘A’ Force Burma Green Force No. 3 Battalion Harry went to following Camps:
Victoria Point – removed landmines and repaired aerodrome.
Tavoy – repaired and extended aerodrome
Below: Message sent by Harry mentioning mate A J Baker.
Photos below were taken pre-war.
Printed Newspaper October 1943
Above: Newspaper October 1945
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Chungkai, 60k - Thailand
- Tamarkan, Tha Makham 56k - Thailand
- Tamuang, Tha Muang 39k - Thailand