The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Colville Denys Jardine
- Regimental #:
- Place of Birth:
- Kyogle, Newcastle, New South Wales
- Father's Name:
- Ernest Lloyd Vincent
- Mothers's Name:
- Helen Irving Vincent
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Bank Officer
- Selarang Barracks Changi, Thomson Road (Caldecot Hill Estate Camp), River Valley Road Camp, Selarang Barracks Changi. Returned from Thailand to Changi Gaol Camp.
- ‘H’ Force Thailand, 'H' Force Group No. 6, Officer's Party.
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore-Darwin‐Brisbane, HMT Arawa 20.10.1945
Embarked overseas with 2/20th Battalion. Attended Officers’ School in Changi and commissioned on 12/12/1942. Transferred to the 2/29th Battalion, Pioneer Platoon. Transferred to 2/4th M.G. Btn from the 2/29th Battalion on 14/1/1943.
Vincent was selected to work on Burma-Thai Railway with ‘H’ Force Thailand. Please read further.
Appointment Terminated 22/11/1945.
Vincent returned to Murwillumbah, NSW after the war ended.
He became a storekeeper in this town with a beautiful location.
We know little more about Colville Vincent, not even why he moved from 2/20th to 2/29th then to 2/4th.
- Changi Gaol Camp - Singapore
- River Valley Road Camp - Singapore
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Thomson Road (Caldecot Hill Estate Camp) - Singapore