The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- John Allan
- Regimental #:
- Not Known
- Place of Birth:
- Bowden, South Australia
- Father's Name:
- John Duggin
- Mothers's Name:
- Catherine Duggin
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp Changi; Johore Baru, Adam Park; Selarang Barracks Changi
- ‘D’ Force Thailand, V Battalion
- Camps Japan:
- Fukuoka sub-Camp No. 17, Omuta
- Aramis Party
- Return Details 1945:
- Nagasaki-Okinawa USS Haven, Okinawa-Manila by aircraft, Manila-Morotai-Darwin PBY Catalina aircraft A24-201, Darwin-Melbourne-Perth by aircraft.
John Duggin was selected in Singapore to work on Burma-Thai Railway with ‘D’ Force V Battalion, departing by train on 17 March 1943. Read further about this Force.
From Thailand he was selected with Aramis to sail to Japan.
He arrived at Fukuoka No. 17 Omuta 28 May 1944 and remained working in the Mutsui coal mine until September 1945. John was recovered from Nagasaki at the end of the war.
Below: Mrs Duggin receives good news – her husband it safe.
- Adam Park Camp - Singapore
- Johore Bahru, - Malaysia
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Omuta Miike, Fukuoka #17-B - Japan