The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Regimental #:
- ‘D’ Company, 16 Platoon
- Place of Birth:
- Father's Name:
- John Warrington
- Mothers's Name:
- Rose Warrington
- Roman Catholic
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Fettler (railways)
- Selarang Camp Changi, Thomson Road (Caldecot Hill Estate Camp), River Valley Road Camp, Selarang Barracks Changi.
- D' Force Thailand, T Battalion No. 4 Section, under the command of W.O.II John Dooley
- Camps Thailand:
- Wampo, Kanu 11, Non Pladuk, Ubon
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand‐Singapore by aircraft, Singapore-Fremantle, HMT Morelon Bay.
Warrington enlisted AIF 18 Dec 1940 later joining 2/4th MGB’s ‘D’ Company No. 15 Platoon under Commanding Officer Lt. Meiklejohn.
Soldier was admitted to 2/9th Field Ambulance on 1/2/1942 with a knee injury. Discharged to unit on 6/2/1942.
Initially Warrington left Singapore to work on Burma-Thai Railway with ‘D’ Force Thailand T Battalion No. 4 Section.
John was recovered from Ubon Camp.
- River Valley Road Camp - Singapore
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Thomson Road (Caldecot Hill Estate Camp) - Singapore
- Kanu II, 152.30k - Thailand
- Non Pladuk, 0k - Thailand
- Ubon - Thailand ***
- Wampo, Wang Pho 114k - Thailand ***