The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Arthur Crighton
- Regimental #:
- Battalion Headquarters
- Place of Birth:
- North Fremantle, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Robert Findley Bruce
- Mothers's Name:
- Susan Bruce
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp & Barracks Changi, X6 Party, Changi Gaol Camp
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore-Darwin-Sydney, HMT Arawa, Sydney-Melboume by troop train, Melbourne-Perth, HMT Strathmore.
Bruce was a reinforcement for 2/11th then 2/48th when they embarked for overseas. He was found to be AWOL (seeing his wife) and missed his ship. He was then TOK 5 Oct 1941 to Woodside to 2/4th MGB joining Battalion Headquarters.
Admitted to AGM beri beri 8 June 1942 – transferred to No. 2 Convalescent Depot 19 June 1942.
Discharged from No. 2 Convalescent Depot 1Jul 1942 to unit following beri beri.
Admitted hospital dysentery 13 Jul 1942 – discharged to Unit 24 Jul 1942.
From Selarang Barracks sent to work with X6 Party.
He was recovered from Changi at the end of the war.
- Changi Gaol Camp - Singapore
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore