The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Regimental #:
- ‘E’ Company, Special Reserve Battalion
- Place of Birth:
- Albany, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- William Ralph
- Mothers's Name:
- Susan Ralph (nee Wright)
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Stevedore and Shed Worker
- Selarang Camp Changi; Selarang Barracks Changi; Pulau Blakang Mati (November 1943-August 1945); Kranji Camp Woodlands
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore-Darwin-Sydney, HMT Arawa; Sydney-Melbourne by troop train; Melbourne-Fremantle, HMT Strathmore
Arthur Ralph was one of nine Indigenous Western Australians to join the 2/4th.
Dislocated ligaments in right knee on 12/2/1942. Evacuated to Alexandra Hospital until end of hostilities. Discharged to unit on 22/2/1942.
12 Aug 42 AGH beri beri.
14 Mar 1943 admitted AGH encephalitis discharged 20 Mar 1943, admitted with dysentery 25 Mar 1943 discharged 31 Mar 1943.
Changi 15 Feb 42 to 6 Apr 42
Blakang Mati Island 5 Nov 43 to Aug 45
Recovered from Kranji Camp at end of war.
Arthur died 13 March 1959 aged 52 years.
- Kranji Camp Woodlands - Singapore
- Pulau Blakang Mat - Singapore ***
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore