The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Regimental #:
- 'D' Company Headquarters, transferred to No. 15 Platoon
- Place of Birth:
- Midland Junction, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Not Known
- Mothers's Name:
- Not Known
- Roman Catholic
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp Changi, Sime Road Camp, Selarang Barracks Changi. Retured from Thailand to Sime Road Camp, Changi Gaol Camp.
- 'H' Force Thailand, Group No. 3
- Camps Thailand:
- Kanu II, Kanchanaburi (beri-beri October 1943)
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore-Sydney, HMT Highland Chieftain, Sydney-Melbourne Perth by troop train.
McSkene enlisted AIF 13 Jul 1940 later joining 2/4th MGB’s ‘D’ Company Headquarters.
At Singapore a further Vickers gun Platoon was created to strengthen the thinly manned defence line on Singapore’s west Coast. McSkene was transferred to No. 15 Platoon.
McSkene was selected from Singapore to work on Burma-Thai Railway with ‘H’ Force. Please read further.
‘H’ Force returned to Singapore at the end of 1943 and he was recovered from Changi Gaol.
- Changi Gaol Camp - Singapore
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Sime Road Camp - Singapore
- Kanu II, 152.30k - Thailand