The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Regimental #:
- ‘C’ Company, No. 12 Platoon
- Place of Birth:
- Essex, England
- Father's Name:
- George Clarke
- Mothers's Name:
- Ada Elizabeth Clarke
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Thanbyuzayat War Cemetery, Plot A11, Row B, Grave 1, Age 23.
- Selarang Camp Changi
- 'A' Force Burma, Green Force, No. 3 Battalion
- Camps Burma:
- Victoria Point, Kendau 4.8km, Thanbyuzayat.
- Cause of Death:
- Place of Death:
- Date of Death:
- POW Cemetery, A.l.F. Section, Grave No. 22, Thanbyuzayat. The funeral service was conducted by Chaplain F. H. Bashford, 2/4th Casualty Clearing Station.
Sam enlisted AIF 5 June 1940, later joined 2/4th’s ‘C’ Company No. 12 Platoon.
Soldier’s possessions at time of his death were as follows; one whistle on a lanyard, one half rupee note and two ten cent notes.
Read about ‘A’ Force Burma, Green Force No. 3 Battalion
It is not known when the Clarke family arrived from England.
Unfortunately we have found only little information about Sam Clarke. Should any family members read this – we would much appreciate you contacting us.
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Thanbyuzayat, 415k - Burma
- Thetkaw 14 Kilo - Burma