The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- George James
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- ‘B’ Company Headquarters
- Place of Birth:
- Derby, England
- Father's Name:
- John James Doodson
- Mothers's Name:
- Rosanna Doodson
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Fruit, Vegetable and Poultry wholesale business
- Selarang Camp and Barracks Changi, X3 Party, Changi Gaol Camp
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore-Darwin-Sydney, HMTArawa, Sydney-Melbourne by troop train, Melbourne-Fremantle, HMT Strathmore.
Doodson enlisted AIF Jul 1940. He later joined 2/4th MGB’s ‘B’ Coy Headquarters as a cook under CO Bunning.
He remained at Changi Singapore throughout the war. In 1945 he was seconded into a local work Party X3. Please read further
George Doodson was a good mate of Bill Swann WX17907 and ‘Vin’ Vincent Wallis WX16422.
George (Ghost) Doodson died at Kingaroy, Queensland in 1996.
- Changi Gaol Camp - Singapore
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore