The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Eric Lincoln
- Regimental #:
- Headquarters Company
- Place of Birth:
- Subiaco, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Charles Edward Preedy
- Mothers's Name:
- Anna Augusta Preedy (nee Cleak)
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Truck Driver
- Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, Plot 1, Row H, Grave 11, Age 30.
- Selarang Camp Changi, Serangoon Road, Selarang Barracks Changi
- ‘D’ Force Thailand, V Battalion
- 4/6523 & 2285
- Cause of Death:
- Acute Enteritis
- Place of Death:
- Date of Death:
- Grave No. 34, Brankassi
Eric’s parents Charles Edward Preedy and Anna August Cleak married 1910 Perth. Eric was one of two surviving sons and 2 daughters.
The Preedy family lived in 1916 Yilgarn St, Subiaco.
Above: Anna Cleak’s parents. Grandparents to Eric.
Eric Preedy married 1936 to Mavis Muriel Dodd.
Widow Mavis was left to raise 3 sons – Vincent, Adrian and Michael. In 1949 Mavis remarried to Francis Alfred James Wilshusen, believed to be known as Jim. He had recently divorced.
Mavis Wilshusen died in 1979 aged 64 years.
Eric’s father Charles Preedy died in 1947. His mother Anna in 1967.
Above: notice from Eric’s wife, Mavis (Dodd).
Above we learn Eric’s father Charles Edward Preedy worked as foreman, Subiaco Municipal Council.
Plaque at Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, Plot 1, Row H, Grave 11
KINGS PARK HONOUR AVENUE
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Serangoon Road Camp - Singapore
- Brankassi, Prang Kasi, 208k - Thailand