The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Wallace George Bruce
- Corporal (promoted on 11.2.1942)
- Regimental #:
- 'D' Company
- Place of Birth:
- Trafalgar, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Alexander B. Kenney
- Mothers's Name:
- Minnie Matilda Kenney
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Health Quarantine Officer
- Selarang Camp Changi, Thomson Road (Caldecot Hill Estate Camp), River Valley Road Camp, Selarang Barracks Changi, Changi Gaol Camp
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore-Melbourne, 1st Netherlands Military Hospital Ship Oranje
Soldier was admitted to 2/13th Australian General Hospital with a shrapnel wound to his right arm. Transferred to No. 2 Convalescent Depot on 12/2/1942 and discharged to unit on 20/2/1942.
Soldier was born Boulder 1913 to parents Alexander Bruce Kenney and Mimmie Matilda Williams who married Boulder 1909.
Wallace was the youngest of two surviving children. He had an older sister.
In 1915 WW1 Alexander Kenney enlisted. He later transferred to 16th Battalion and was KIA Belgium 1917.
Kenney married to Josephine Chalsty in 1940 prior to enlisting with AIF 18 Oct 1940. The marriage ended in divorce in 1947.
He remained at Changi throughout the war and returned to Australia, Melbourne by 1st Netherlands Military Ship ‘Oranje’.
In 1949 Kenney remarried to Patricia Mary Shanahan.
In 1958 Patricia and Wallace were residing Canning Highway, East Fremantle, Wallace working as a steward.
In 1958 the Kenneys were residing Melville and Wallace was working as a steward.
Kenney died 3/10/1963.
- Changi Gaol Camp - Singapore
- River Valley Road Camp - Singapore
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Thomson Road (Caldecot Hill Estate Camp) - Singapore