The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Huia Albert
- Regimental #:
- Motorcycle Orderly
- 'B' Company Headquarters
- Place of Birth:
- Foxton, New Zealand
- Father's Name:
- Albert Jackson
- Mothers's Name:
- Elizabeth Jackson
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp and Barracks Changi, Garden Control Party; A.G.H. Roberts Barracks Changi; X10 Party; Changi Gaol Party
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore‐Darwin-Melboume, 1st Netherlands Military Hospital Ship Oranje
Jackson remained at Singapore assigned to Garden Party. In 1945 Jackson was seconded to work with X10 Party.
He was recovered from Changi on 4th September 1945.
Jackson had four brothers – two died in Western Australia and two died in New Zealand. His father Albert Jackson died in 1956 Pemberton and his mother Elizabeth ‘Lizzie’ Jackson (nee Gray) died in Perth 1958.
He died in 2002 aged 96 years and was buried Manawatu-Wanganui, New Zealand.
Huia Albert Jackson it seems returned to New Zealand soon after the war ended. He had worked at Norseman from 1937 until his enlistment in 1940. In 1936 he was recorded residing in New Zealand.
- Changi Gaol Camp - Singapore
- Roberts Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore