The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Henry Charles Frederick
- Regimental #:
- Acted as Cook (not trade grouped as such)
- ‘D’ Company, No. 13 Platoon then No. 16 Plaoon
- Place of Birth:
- Katanning, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Henry Mathew White
- Mothers's Name:
- Rachael Maude White
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Truck Driver
- Selarang Camp Changi, Thomson Road (Caldecot Hill Estate Camp), River Valley Camp, Selarang Barracks Changi
- ‘D’ Force Thailand, Captain Fred Harris Party
- Camps Thailand:
- Shimo Nikhe (sighted by Captain George Gwynne ‘F’ Force), Non Pladuk, Ubon
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand-Singapore by aircraft, Singapore-Fremantle, HMT Moreton Bay.
At Singapore an additional Machine Gun Platoon was created in ‘D’ Company. White moved from No. 13 to 16 Platoon under CO Ron Arbery. ‘D’ Coy came under very intense Japanese artillery and was soon overrun. Read about No. 16 Platoon
White’s parents Henry Mathew White (born Beverley) and Rachael Maude Marr married Katanning 1913. Henry White enlisted WW1 24 Feb 1916 joining 28th Battalion, Serial No. 4566.
L/Cpl White was KIA Belgium 28 Oct 1917.
We believe his mother remarried to KEAY.
After the war White married 1946 Perth to Evelyn Florence Hicks. They resided from 1954 through to 1977 at Victoria Park. He was employed as a stereotyper.
Harry White died at Victoria Park 12 Dec 1977 aged 69 years. He was cremated at Karrakatta.
- River Valley Road Camp - Singapore
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Thomson Road (Caldecot Hill Estate Camp) - Singapore
- Non Pladuk, 0k - Thailand
- Ubon - Thailand ***