The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Christopher Robert
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- 'C' Company
- Place of Birth:
- Carlisle, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Christopher Lush
- Mothers's Name:
- Annie Lush
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Apprentice Carpenter
- Selerang Camp Changi, Johore Bahru, Adam Park, Sime Road Camp, Selarang Barracks Changi, Kranji Camp Woodlands, Changi Gaol Camp
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore-Darwin-Sydney, HMT Arawa, Sydney-Melbourne by troop train,Melbourne-Fremantle, HMT Strathmore.
Lush enlisted AIF Oct 1940 and later joined 2/4th’s ‘C’ Company No. 12 Platoon.
This soldier suffered from asthma and was sent to Kranji Camp Woodlands.
For this reason both he and Private M.W. Hortin were not sent away from Singapore.
View Peter Winstanley’s video interview of Christopher Lush WX9146.
Christopher ‘BoB’ Lush married in 1949 to Alice M Holst.
He received an O.B.E. 20 January 2002 – celebrating during at luncheon at the Wings Restaurant – Airforce Memorial Estate at Bullcreek with his wife, relatives, 2/4th mates, friends from far and wide and two grandchildren who sang Happy Birthday. His birthday was 14 December.
- Adam Park Camp - Singapore
- Changi Gaol Camp - Singapore
- Johore Bahru, - Malaysia
- Kranji Camp Woodlands - Singapore
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Sime Road Camp - Singapore