The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Leonard Horace
- Regimental #:
- ‘B’ Company, No. 7 Platoon.
- Place of Birth:
- Broken Hill, New South Wales
- Father's Name:
- Alfred Benjamin Thomas Hancock
- Mothers's Name:
- Ellen Annie Sterling Hancock (nee Challenger)
- Church of Christ
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Not Known
- Selarang Camp Changi
- ‘A’ Force Burma, Green Force, No. 3 Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Tamarkan, Nacompaton
- Camps Burma:
- Khonkan 55km (1.7.1943)
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand-Singapore by aircraft, Singapore-Fremantle, HMT Tamaroa
Leonard Hancock with A Force Burma, was at Victoria Point, Ye Hospital, transferred to Tavoy then straight to Thetkaw 14K. He was at Thanby Hospital 2.3.1943, to 55K 1.7.1943, Tamakan Hospital 28.1.1944 and discharged 10.2.1944.
Leonard Hancock was recovered from Nacompaton 30.8.1945.
He died 20th September 1963 in South Australia.
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Nacompaton, Nakom Pathom Hospital - Thailand
- Tamarkan, Tha Makham 56k - Thailand
- Khonkan, 55Kilo Hospital 360k - Burma