The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Eric Gerrard
- Regimental #:
- ‘B’ Company, No. 7 Platoon
- Place of Birth:
- Arbroath, Scotland
- Father's Name:
- William Thomson
- Mothers's Name:
- Elizabeth Thomson
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Clerk and Storeman
- Selarang Camp and Barracks Changi
- ‘D’ Force Thailand, Captain Fred Harris Party
- Return Details 1945:
- Saigon‐Bangkok-Singapore by aircraft, Singapore~Brisbane by aircraft, Brisbane-Perth by troop train.
Thomson enlisted AIF 13 Dec 1940 and later joined 2/4th MGB’s ‘B’ Company No. 7 Platoon as a rangetaker under Commanding Officer Lt. Penrod Dean.
Height 5′ 8 1/2″
He departed Singapore by train to work on Burma-Thai Railway with ‘D’ Force Thailand – working with Capt Fred Harris Party.
Please read further about this Party.
At war’s end, soldier recovered from French Indo-China. He had travelled to Saigon with ‘Both’ Party.
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Saigon - French Indo China