The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Noel James
- Corporal (Promoted on 11.2.1942)
- Regimental #:
- ‘B’ Company
- Place of Birth:
- Ravensthorpe, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Edwin Kingston Outtrim
- Mothers's Name:
- Annie Florence Genevra Outtrim
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Letter Carrier
- Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, Plot 1, Row E, Grave 57, Age 24.
- Selarang Camp Changi, Thompson Rd (Caldecot Hill Estate Camp), River Valley Road Camp, Selarang Barracks Changi
- ‘D’ Force Thailand, Captain Fred Harris Party
- 1/ 12120
- Cause of Death:
- Cerebral Malaria
- Place of Death:
- Date of Death:
- Grave H38, Kinsaiyok
Soldier was with Captain Fred Harris Party at Non Pladuk on 4.3.1944 and it is likely that he went back up the line on a maintenance party. He died at Kinsaiyok Camp of cerebral malaria aged 24 years.
Noel and Ken Tucker were both in ‘B’ Coy and were close mates. Ken Tucker went to Japan after working on the Burma-Thai Railway and survived the war.
Photograph taken Kanchanaburi War Cemetery January 2018
Noel was the youngest of four sons born to parents Edwin Outtrim and Annie Turley who married at Mt. Magnet in 1906. Their youngest two sons were born in Ravensthorpe where Edwin was working at the mine.
Noel’s father died 9 February 1940.
The above was in The West Australia newspaper, 22 Sep 1944.
Tragically Noel died at Kinsaiyok Camp exactly one month later on 22 October 1944.
- River Valley Road Camp - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Thomson Road (Caldecot Hill Estate Camp) - Singapore
- Kinsaiyok Main, 170.2k - Thailand