The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- William John
- Regimental #:
- ‘B’ Company
- Place of Birth:
- Goomalling, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Evan Hamelin Nicholas
- Mothers's Name:
- Maud Cecilia Nicholas
- Roman Catholic
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Engineering Student and Clerk
- Selarang Camp and Barracks Changi
- ‘ D ’ Force Thailand, W.O.II John Dooley Party
- Return Details 1945:
- Saigon-Bangkok‐Singapore by aircraft; Singapore-Labuan-Morotai-Darwin-Perth by aircraft
Soldier wounded in action Pasir Panjang on 14/2/1942 and admitted to 2/9th Field Ambulance with bayonet wound to his left leg and torso. Admitted to 2/13th Australian General Hospital on 16/2/1942. Discharged to uni on 22/2/1942.
Possibly member of ‘T’ Battalion.
Soldier recovered from Saigon. Part of Both Party.
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Saigon - French Indo China