The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Theodore Rosslyn
- Regimental #:
- 'C' Company, 10 Platoon
- Place of Birth:
- West Perth, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Dr Theodore Searle Ambrose
- Mothers's Name:
- Clara Beatrice Ambrose (nee Young)
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Barrister and Solicitor
- Selarang Camp and Barracks Changi. Following return from Thailand - Sime Road Camp, Changi Gaol Camp
- 'H' Force Thailand, H6 Officer's Party
- Camps Thailand:
- Hintok Valley Camp, Hintok River Camp
- 3/5818 & 1/668
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore-Darwin-Sydney, HMT Arawa, Sydney-Perth by aircraft
Ross Ambrose enlisted AIF 24 Jan 1941 and later joined 2/4th MGB’s ‘C’ Company No. 10 Platoon.
This Officer replaced Lieutenant J.G. Wilson on his wounding on 12/2/1942.
Ambrose left Singapore with ‘H’ Force, H6 Officers Party which headed to Thailand by train from Singapore.
Returning from Thailand Ambrose moved in to Sime Road and was then recovered in from Changi at the end of the war.
Above: New of Ross Ambrose also Dr Bruce Hunt who proved to be a huge asset at Tanbaya Hospital Camp, Burma.
Printed 19 November 1936.
He married in 1937 to Margaret Helen Paton.
Father of Ross.
Above: Clara Beatrice Ambrose
Ross was the eldest of three sons. We know Ross’s brother Willliam Ambrose also enlisted as WX11000.
Ross’s father died October 1947.
Ross Ambrose passed away 11 August 1988 aged 82 years. Margaret Ambrose died in 1996 aged 84 years.
Below: Ross Ambrose’s Aunt goal to serve as doctor in India gained her recognition.
- Changi Gaol Camp - Singapore
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Sime Road Camp - Singapore
- Hintok River Camp, 158k - Thailand
- Hintok Valley Camp, 154k - Thailand