The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Henry Jospeh
- Regimental #:
- 'E' Company, Special Reserve Battalion
- Place of Birth:
- Adelaide, South Australia
- Father's Name:
- Joseph Norman Johnson
- Mothers's Name:
- Olive Gertrude Johnson
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp & Barracks Changi
- 'D' Force Thailand, S Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Tarsau, Kanyu II, Hintock, Chumphon, Petchaburi, Kachu Mountain Camp, Bangkok.
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand-Singapore by aircraft, Singapore-Fremantle, HMT Highlad Brigade
Harry was one of about 8 children born top parents Joseph Norman Johnson and Olive Gertrude Walker in SA.
Harry’s mother died in 1924 when he was about 4 years old.
His father remarried Sophia Emily Ruth Huddleston about 1930 and moved to West Australia. Several children were born to this marriage.
Harry’s father Joseph Norman Johnson died 1972. He had been residing at Armadale for many years.
In the 1949 Electoral Roll, Harry was living and working at Bridgetown. In 1951 he married Margaret Sinfield. Margaret and Harry had a family of three children and were found in 1954 and 1958 Electoral Roll residing at Wahkinup Estate, Kojonup. Harry was employed as a farm labourer.
In 1958 Harry died in South Australia aged 37 years.
Margaret Johnson died in SA in 2013.
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Chumphon - Thailand
- Petchaburi - Thailand
- Kachau Mountain Camp - Thailand