The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Clifford Dudley
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- ‘E’ Company, Special Reserve Battalion
- Place of Birth:
- Round Hill, Moora, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- William Francis Squance
- Mothers's Name:
- Elsie Olive Squance
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Escaped to Sumatra. River Valley Road Camp
- Camps Java:
- Sumatra - Gloe Gloer, Pakan Baroe-Moearo Railway, Sumatra.
- Return Details 1945:
- Sumatra‐Singapore by aircrafi (admitted to 2/14th Australian General Hospital), Singapore-Perth, Duke of Gloucester’s aircraft ‘Endeavour ’.
Cliff Squance was wounded in his left shoulder. He was listed as missing from Bald Hill, South-West Bukit Timah from 11/2/1942.
Solder escaped to Sumatra with others including
Simmonds. They were captured and interned Padang, Gloe Gloer Camp (Medan). Returned to Singapore via Harukiku Maru Party.
Returned to Sumatra to Pakan Baroe-Moearo Railway.
Cliff was a Collie boy, and returned to live there after the war.
Cliff passed away aged 82 yrs, November 3 2002.
- River Valley Road Camp - Singapore
- Gloe Gloer Camp - Sumatra
- Padang - Sumatra **
- Pakan Baroe-Moearo - Sumatra **