The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- John Kenneth Alexander
- Regimental #:
- Headquarters Company
- Place of Birth:
- Fremantle, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Alexander MacDonald
- Mothers's Name:
- Harriet MacDonald
- Church of Christ
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Locomotive Driver & Miner
- Selarang Camp Changi
- 'A' Force Burma, Green Force, No. 3 Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Tamarkan, Nakom Nayok, Bangkok
- Camps Burma:
- Victoria Point, Kendau 4.8km, Thetkaw, Meiloe, Augganaung
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand-Singapore by aircraft, Singapore-Fremantle, HMT Tamaroa.
John MacDonald married in 1930 to Kathleen Nyland McNamara at Pemberton. At that time John was employed as a mill hand. His parents were residing at No. 8 Group Settlement, Pemberton.
In 1936 John and Kathleen were residing at 20 Vivian St, Kalgoorlie and John employed as a miner. After the war, John returned to Kalgoorlie and with his wife Kathleen residing at 18 Vivian Street, and working as a miner.
John died 30 May 1951, aged 43 years. Too young.
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Nakom Nayok, Nakhon Nayok - Thailand
- Tamarkan, Tha Makham 56k - Thailand
- Aungganaung,105Kilo - Burma
- Kendau, Kandaw, 4 Kilo - Burma
- Meilo, 75 Kilo, 340k - Burma
- Victoria Point, Kawthoung - Burma. \'A\' Force, Green Force No. 3 Btn
- Thetkaw 14 Kilo - Burma