The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Regimental #:
- ‘C’ Company, No. 12 Platoon
- Place of Birth:
- Perth, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Richard Muller
- Mothers's Name:
- Annie Muller
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp Changi (17.2.1942-4.4.1942); Johore Bahru, Adam Park (4.4.1942-25.6.1942); Selerang Barracks Changi (25.6.1942-9.10.1942); River Valley Road Camp (9.10.1942-24.12.1942); Selerang Barracks Changi (24.12.1942-14.4.1942)
- ‘D’ Force Thailand, S Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Tarsau, Konyu II, Tamuang
- Camps Japan:
- Yamane (10.9.1944‐18.5.1945); Niihama(18.5.1945-12.9.1945
- 3 /8789, 8820 &1691
- Rashin Maru Party
- Return Details 1945:
- Wakayama-Okinawa, USS Sanctuary; Okinawa-Manilla, USS Bingham; Manila-Sydney, HMS Speaker; Sydney-Melbourne-Perth by troop train.
Soldier evacuated to Australian General Hospital at Roberts Barracks Changi with beri-beri. Transferred to No. 2 Convalescent Depot on 25/9/1942. Discharged to unit on 6/10/1942.
Muller was at Selarang 18Feb to 4 April 1942
Adam Park 4 April to 25 June 1942
River Valley Road 9 Oct to 24 Dec 1942
Back to Selarang until 14 March 1943 – Then selected to work on Burma Thai Railway with ‘D’ Force S Battalion departing Singapore Railway Station for 4 day journey to Thailand.
We are unsure where Muller went from Konyu II – possibly Hintok. When railway was completed the POWs who went to Japan with ‘Byoki’ Maru Party were selected from Tamuang Camp. They returned to Singapore by train, staying River Valley Road Camp waiting for their ship and their 70 day sea journey to Moji, Japan.
He was at Yamine 10 Sep to 18 May 1945
Niihama from 18 May to 12 Sept 1945 from where he was recovered at end of war.
He was with No. 4 Party Niihama Wharf.
Returned to Sydney on HMS ‘Speaker’.
Raymond was adopted as a 3 year old by Richard Muller and
Annie Ford who married 1914.
Raymond Muller married Olive Beck.
He enlisted AIF 23 July 1940.
His mother Annie died in 1944.
He died 13 June 1981 at Hollywood Hospital.
- Adam Park Camp - Singapore
- Johore Bahru, - Malaysia
- River Valley Road Camp - Singapore
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Kanu II, 152.30k - Thailand
- Tamuang, Tha Muang 39k - Thailand
- Tarsau, Tha Sao 125k - Thailand
- Nihama, Hiroshima #2-B- Japan
- Yamane, Hiroshima #3-D - Japan