The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Thomas Henry
- Nick Name:
- Corporal (Promoted on 11.2.1942)
- Regimental #:
- ‘B’ Company
- Place of Birth:
- West Perth, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Edward Green
- Mothers's Name:
- Constance Kate Green
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Coal Miner and Timber Worker
- Selarang Camp and Barracks Changi
- ‘ D ’ Force Thailand, S Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Tarsau, Konyu II, Kinsaiyok, Chungkai, Nikhe-Nikhe, Kanchanaburi
- 1/7862 and 8728
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand-Singapore by aircraft, Singapore-Fremantle, HMT Tamaroa
All were Collie boys. Please read further about Collie.
Tom marries Dorothy Shannon in 1947. The couple had a son, Trevor. Tragically in January 1952, at the age of 33 years, Tom is accidently killed at work at Muja Mine.
From Singapore Tom was selected to work on the Burma-Thai Railway with ‘D’ Force Thailand, S Battalion. This particular group as well as ‘A’ Force Green Force to Burma end of Railway, included the largest contingency of 2/4th men.
We cannot be entirely certain which camps Tom worked at – Tarsau, Konyu II, Kinsayok were camps in the S Battalion area. Camps may well have included Hintok.
Tom would have been ill when sent to Chungkai, many of S Battalion were sent to Japan On recovery he was sent to work at Nikhe Nikhe and returned to Kanchanaburi from where he was recovered.
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Chungkai, 60k - Thailand
- Kanchanaburi, 50k - Thailand
- Kanu II, 152.30k - Thailand
- Kinsaiyok Main, 170.2k - Thailand
- Nikhe Wood Camp, Ni Thea, 131 Kilo, 284k - Thailand
- Tarsau, Tha Sao 125k - Thailand