The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Kenneth Dudley
- Nick Name:
- Sergeant (Promoted on 24.1.1942)
- Regimental #:
- ‘B’ Company
- Place of Birth:
- Bunbury, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Frederick Roland Tucker
- Mothers's Name:
- Ethel Tucker (nee Payne)
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Bank Officer
- Selarang Camp Changi (17.2‐4.4.1942), Adam Park, Sime Road Camp (4.4-27.12.1942), Selarang Barracks Changi (27.12.1942-14.3.1943).
- 'D' Force Thailand, S Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Kanchanaburi (18.3-25.3.1943), Tarsau (25.3‐25.4.1943), Kanu II (25.4-23.6.1943), Kanu I, Tarsau (23.6-19.7.1943), escorted sick to Tarsau by barge, Chungkai (19.7.1943-25.5.1944), Wood Party (1.9.1943-30.4.1944), Tamuang (25.5-21.6.1944).
- Camps Japan:
- Yamane (10.9.1944‐18.5.1945) copper mine, Niihama (18.5-12.9.1945) wharves.
- Rashin Maru Party
- Return Details 1945:
- Wakayama, USS Sanctuary, Okinawa-Manila, USS Bingham, Manila-Morotai-Darwin, PBY Catalina aircraft A24‐359, Darwin-Perth, 324 Liberator aircraft.
Ken and Noel Outtrim were close mates and both in ‘B’ Coy. Noel died of cerebral malaria at Kinsaiyok Camp on 22 November 1944 aged 24 years.
Tucker was selected as POW in Singapore to work on Thai-Burma Railway with ‘D’ force S Battalion which departed by train March 1943 commencing with a horror 4 day rail journey in overcrowded trucks.
Ken was son of Frederick Tucker and Ethel Payne who married 1909 Wellington.
The above was in West Australian September 1943
Height 5′ 10 3/4″
In 1946 Ken married Eily de Moulin, sister of Harry.
After the war Ken devoted some of his time to Committee of 2/4th ex-Members Assoc, during 1950 and 1951. It was at this time the Committee made the decision to approach and succeeded in arranging for the ‘Anketell’ Cup to be held at Perth Dinghy Club beginning in 1951. Please read further.
Ken Tucker passed away aged 85yrs, March 21 2003, Como. His wife Eily died in 1989 at Como,
- Adam Park Camp - Singapore
- Johore Bahru, - Malaysia
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Serangoon Road Camp - Singapore
- Sime Road Camp - Singapore
- Chungkai, 60k - Thailand
- Kanchanaburi, 50k - Thailand
- Kanu 1 151.00k - Thailand
- Kanu II, 152.30k - Thailand
- Tamuang, Tha Muang 39k - Thailand
- Tarsau, Tha Sao 125k - Thailand
- Nihama, Hiroshima #2-B- Japan
- Yamane, Hiroshima #3-D - Japan