The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- George Halley
- Regimental #:
- 'D' Company
- Place of Birth:
- Northam, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- James Hicks
- Mothers's Name:
- Ellen Hicks
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Chaff Cutter
- Selarang Camp and Barracks Changi
- ‘D’ Force Thailand, Captain Harris Party
- Camps Thailand:
- Kanchanaburi, Non Pladuk
- Return Details 1945:
- Saigon-Bangkok‐Singapore by aircraft; Singapore-Morotai-Sydney by Aircraft; Sydney-Melbourne-Perth by troop train.
George Halley Hicks was born in the year of the Halley’s Comet, 1910.
Soldier suffered from shell shock and was evacuated to 2/10th Australian General Hospital on 12/2/1942. Discharged to unit on 20/2/1942.
Whilst at Non Pladuk Camp he was probably selected for Saigon as several other 2/4th boys were. ‘Both’ Party departed Singapore for Saigon on 2 February 1945.
He was recovered from Saigon at war’s end.
George Hicks never married. He passed away 24 June 1954 and was buried Karrakatta, Anglican ZI 106.
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Kanchanaburi, 50k - Thailand
- Non Pladuk, 0k - Thailand
- Saigon - French Indo China