The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Harold Allan
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- 'A' Company
- Place of Birth:
- Kulyalling, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Edward Benjamin Davis
- Mothers's Name:
- Annie Rebecca Davis (nee Parker)
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Epitah, Singapore Memorial, Column 136, Age 24.
- Cause of Death:
- Died of Wounds. Wounded in action at Buona Vista on 15/2/1942. Admitted to 2/9th Australian Field Ambulance with a gunshot wound to right shoulder.
- Place of Death:
- St Andrews Cathedral, Singapore
- Date of Death:
- South-east corner of St Andrew’s Cathedral grounds on 16.2.1942.
Allan Davies enlisted AIF 10 Sept 1941 and later joined 2/4th’s ‘A’ Company HQ with a large number of reinforcements.
Wounded in action at Buona Vista on 15.2.1942. Admitted to the 2/9th Australian Field Ambulance with a gunshot wound to right shoulder. He was 24 years old when he died.
Harold Allan Davis was known as Allan. He was the eldest of three sons and three daughters born to Edward Benjamin Davis and Annie Rebecca Parker who married at Pingelly, 1914.
The Davis family farmed at Kulyalling.
Edward Davis died at Pingelly in 1957 and Annie Davis died in 1980.