The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Leslie Andrew
- Regimental #:
- D' Company, No. 15 Platoon
- Place of Birth:
- Cottesloe, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Roderick John Blair
- Mothers's Name:
- Elsie May Blair
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selerang Camp Changi.
- 'A’ Force Burma, Green Force, No. 3 Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Tamarkan, Chumphon, Kachu Mountain Camp, Petchaburi
- Camps Burma:
- Khonkan 55km (1.7.1943)
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand-Singapore by aircraft, Singapore-Fremantle, HMT Highland Brigade.
Blair enlisted AIF 6 Aug 1940 later joined 2/4th MGB’s ‘D’ Company No. 15 Platoon under Commanding Officer Lt. Meiklejohn.
He was wounded in action Lim Chu Kang Road at 0300 hours on 9 Feb 1942. Admitted to Field Ambulance with gun shot wound to his left leg. Transferred to the 2/10th Australian General Hospital on 17 Feb 1942. Discharged to unit on 22 Feb 1942.
Blair left with the first work party out of Singapore – 3,000 Australians sailed to south west. Burma coast in three parties – Blair was with ‘A’ Force Burma Green Force No. 3 Battalion.
He was recovered from Thailand at the end of the war.
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Petchaburi - Thailand
- Tamarkan, Tha Makham 56k - Thailand
- Khonkan, 55Kilo Hospital 360k - Burma
- Kachau Mountain Camp - Thailand