The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- John Patrick
- Nick Name:
- Jack or Spud (Johnny to family)
- Regimental #:
- Headquarters Company
- Place of Birth:
- Boulder, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Thomas Bernard (Bernie) Murphy
- Mothers's Name:
- Arimathea Goine Callaway Murphy (nee Blackmore)
- Roman Catholic
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Truck Driver
- Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, Plot 1, Row 0, Grave 73, Age 27.
- Selarang Camp and Barracks Changl
- ‘D’ Force Thailand, V Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Kinsayok, Kuii
- 4/6434 & 2274
- Cause of Death:
- Place of Death:
- Date of Death:
- Grave No. 219, Kuii.
A notice from his 2/4th mate Ron Wylie.
Kanchanaburi War Cemetery.
Below: is Jack’s brother, Bernie who never returned home.
Kings Park Honour Avenue.
Jack’s parents married Kalgoorlie in 1906.
Below: Wedding of Thomas Bernard Murphy & Arimathea Blackmore. Mother of bride Johanah Blackmore nee Calloway, sitting next to groom.Miss Allness bridesmaid sitting.
Jack’s father enlisted WW1 – the former miner joined the 3rd Tunnelling Corps.
Jack’s grandmother (mother of his father) died in Jul 1938.
Jack’s father died March 1944 whilst his two sons were away at war. Jack who was a POW had died in 1943 and Bernie would die a month or so later than his father.
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Kuii, Kui Yae, 185.6k - Thailand