The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Walter Joseph
- Regimental #:
- ‘A’ Company
- Place of Birth:
- Geraldton, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Patrick James Stone
- Mothers's Name:
- Lillie Ellen Mary Stone
- Roman Catholic
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp Changi, Selarang Barracks Changi, X10 Party, Changi Gaol Camp.
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore‐Darwin‐Sydney, HMT Arawa, Sydney‐Melbourne by troop train, Melbourne-Fremantle, HMT Strathmore.
He remained in Singapore throughout the war at Selarang Barracks and Changi as well he was part of X10 Party.
Stone was one of two sons and 5 daughters born to Patrick James Stone and Lillie Ellen Mary Mills who married Geraldton 1902.
His father died in Geraldton in 1972 aged 91 years and his mother died in 1974.
We have no further knowledge of Walter Stone’s life after returning from war other than he remained residing and working in the Geraldton and East Chapman regions.
Should any family members read this, please contact us on email@example.com
Walter Joseph Stone died 31 Jan 1984 at Geraldton aged 71 years. He was buried at Utakarra Cemetery, Geraldton.
- Changi Gaol Camp - Singapore
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore