The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Ronald Collett
- Regimental #:
- 'B' Company
- Place of Birth:
- Kalgoorlie, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Charles Frederick Badock
- Mothers's Name:
- Ivy Euphemia Badock
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp Changi, Johore Bahru, Adam Park, Sime Road Camp, Selarang Barracks Changi.
- 'D' Force Thailand, Captain Harris Party
- Camps Thailand:
- Kanchanaburi, Tarsau, Kinsaiyok, Chungkai (evacuated sick by barge) Non Pladuk
- Return Details 1945:
- Saigon-Bangkok-Singapore by aircraft, Singapore-Sydney, HMT Highland Chieftan, Sydney-Adelaide troop train, Adelaide-Perth by aircraft.
14 December 2016.
It is with great sadness that we announce the death of our Committee Member and veteran Mr. Ron Badock on 1st December 2016. Ron had spent the few months in and out of hospital. As is his nature, he remained chirpy, always interested in others and never complained. Ron would have celebrated his 98th birthday on 31st January 2017.
He will be greatly missed by the 2/4th Committee and we express our deepest sympathy to the Badock family who has always been strongly associated with the Battalion.
We can be assured Ron’s interest and knowledge of the 2/4th, which never waived throughout his life, will continue wherever he travels.
God Speed Ron, may the sun always shine for you.
It was our pleasure to enjoy your friendship.
Soldier recovered from French Indo-China, Both party.
Ron celebrated his 97th birthday this year, 2016. Ron meets with the 2/4th Committee on a monthly basis. In the past
he has been an active member holding several positions, the last being Treasurer until about 2010. Ron can only be described as a gentleman whom we all admire and whose company and knowledge we appreciate more than we can say.
Con Ryan, Wally Limb and Ron Badock
Trevor James, Jim Burns, Alf Worth, John Lane, Des Colevas, Bob Whitield, Joe Pearce (rear), Tom Pilmoor (front), Owen Morris, Jim Elliott, Ron Badock, Gordon Lynam
View Peter Winstanley’s video interview of Ron Badock, WX8729.
Below: Ron with John Gilmour, veterans at 2/4th Service.
Below: Ron’s mother receives good new in Sep 1943.
- Adam Park Camp - Singapore
- Johore Bahru, - Malaysia
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Sime Road Camp - Singapore
- Chungkai, 60k - Thailand
- Kanchanaburi, 50k - Thailand
- Kinsaiyok Main, 170.2k - Thailand
- Non Pladuk, 0k - Thailand
- Tarsau, Tha Sao 125k - Thailand
- Saigon - French Indo China