The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Laurence John
- Nick Name:
- Corporal (Promoted on 7.2.1942)
- Regimental #:
- 'C' Company, No 12 Platoon. (transferred 'E' Company SRBN Section Commander No. 1 Platoon)
- Place of Birth:
- Kent, England
- Father's Name:
- William Harvey
- Mothers's Name:
- Margaret Emma Harvey
- Roman Catholic
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Epitaph, Labuan Memorial, Panel 18, Age 24.
- ‘A’ Force Burma Green Force, No. 3 Battalion
- Camps Burma:
- Khonkan 55km Camp (medical orderly)
- Rakuyo Maru Party, Kumi No. 37
- Cause of Death:
- Lost at Sea
- Place of Death:
- South China Sea
- Date of Death:
Laurence left Singapore with A Force to Burma.
He was at Meiloe 75K Camp 16.4.1943.
Ankanan 105K 29.6.1943 (lacerations to eye and knee, and chronic diarrhea)
Khonkan 55K 5.7.1943 He was Medical Orderly at this Hospital Camp. Read about Khonkan 55 km Camp.
Selected for Japan 27.3.1944 and tragically did not survive the sinking of the Rakuyo Maru after being torpedoed by American submarines on 12 Sep 1944.
The above was printed October 1943.
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Khonkan, 55Kilo Hospital 360k - Burma