The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Regimental #:
- Headquarters Company, No. 3 Platoon.
- Place of Birth:
- Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England
- Father's Name:
- James Jane Whitaker (nee Lacey)
- Mothers's Name:
- Sarah Whitaker
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Truck Driver
- Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, Plot 1, Row G, Grave 76, Age 36.
- Selarang Camp Changi, Johore Bahru, Adam Park, Selarang Barracks
- ‘D’ Force Thailand, V Battalion
- 1/9704 & 2298
- Cause of Death:
- Place of Death:
- Date of Death:
- Linson Camp Cemetery, Grave No. 15
Fred was selected to work on the Burma-Thai Railway with ‘D’ Force V Battalion. Read further.
Fred arrived in Fremantle from London on ‘Armadale’ on 11 Dec 1913 with his mother, brother James and sister Mary. Once settled in WA, a further two children were added to the Whitaker family, John in 1920 and Pearl in 1924.
In 1934 Fred married Annie Elizabeth Dunne at Katanning.
In the same year his father James Whitaker died.
Fred and Annie had two sons, Rex and Fred before he enlisted in 1941.
Photograph taken January 2018 Kanchanaburi War Cemetery
- Adam Park Camp - Singapore
- Johore Bahru, - Malaysia
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Hindaine, Kui Mang 200k - Thailand