The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Nick Name:
- Staff Sergeant (Promoted on 9.2.1942 by HQ Coy Capt McEwen)
- Regimental #:
- Company Headquarters, No. 3 Platoon. (replaced W.O. II V. Keay, who was transferred to reinforcements)
- Place of Birth:
- Boulder, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Harry Hammer
- Mothers's Name:
- Martha Hammer
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Tearooms Proprietor
- Selarang Camp Changi
- ‘A’ Force Burma, Green Force, No. 3 Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Tamarkan, Chungkai, Tamuang
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand‐Singapore by aircraft; Singapore-Fremantle, HMT Tamaroa
Prior to enlisting Harry had spent 4 years RANR.
He saw action at Jurong Road, Ulu Pandan and Buona Vista.
Harry was recovered from Thailand at war’s end flown to Singapore then sailed ‘Tamaroa’ to Fremantle.
With A Force Harry went to following Camps:
Victoria Point – removed landminews and repaired aerodrome.
Tavoy – repaired and extended aerodrome
Photos below were taken pre-war.
Above: Newspaper October 1945
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Chungkai, 60k - Thailand
- Tamarkan, Tha Makham 56k - Thailand
- Tamuang, Tha Muang 39k - Thailand