The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- John Ernest
- Nick Name:
- Sergeant (Promoted on 20.2.1942)
- Regimental #:
- ‘D’ Company, No. 15 Platoon.
- Place of Birth:
- Dangin, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- James Montague Tregenza
- Mothers's Name:
- Mary Jane Tregenza
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, Plot 1, Row L, Grave 50, Age 28.
- Selarang Camp Changi, Johore Bahru, Adam Park, Selarang Barracks Changi
- ‘D’ Force Thailand, V Battalion
- 4/4604 & 2218
- Cause of Death:
- Cerebral Malaria
- Place of Death:
- Date of Death:
- Grave No. 54, Brankassi
John (Jack) Tregenza enlisted 30 August 1940 with his brother Fred Tregenza WX9280 and his mate Lin MacDonald WX9279. Fred and Lin MacDonald with No. 13 Platoon were KIA 9 February 1942.
Read about D Force V Battalion
Jack and Fred’s father James (Jim) Montague Tregenza with his brothers John and Charles Henry moved from Timaru, New Zealand to Western Australia before 1906.
In 1906 Jim married Mary Jane Brown and his brother John Tregenza married Mary’s sister Elizabeth Brown.
The brothers took up land in the Dangin area.
Jack was the youngest son in a large family including twin sisters.
Between the birth of Fred and Jack is brother Albert Andrew born in 1911. He married in 1934 Florrie Dack who was a Fairbridge Farm School girl. Florrie would have known 2/4th boys Harry Scadden, Syd Osborne, Jack Maude and probably others.
The death of these two young farmers was a tragic loss to their family and the community.
Height 5′ 9″
- Adam Park Camp - Singapore
- Johore Bahru, - Malaysia
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Brankassi, Prang Kasi, 208k - Thailand